CipherWall Safe client is a free software application from the Encryption Tools subcategory, part of the Security & Privacy category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2009-02-17. The program can be installed on Windows, Windows Vista.
CipherWall Safe is a remote storage system for confidential data. A simple, user-friendly software encrypts and uploads your files to a remote storage space, erasing all traces of confidential documents on a sending computer.
Authorisation requires a unique asymmetric key, eliminating any possibility of your password being discovered through trial-and-error method. All encryption operations are done on a sending computer and all data is transfered to server via encrypted channel. Unauthorised access is blocked for CipherWall Safe server administrators.
Using this client program you can register on free demo server. Or you can visit www.cipherwall.com do download server distributive.
Key features off the program:
- 3-step X.509 authorization
- RSA with keys length up to 4096 bits
- all traffic is encrypted with randomly chosen algorithm * (AES, Twofish or Serpent) using 256-bit random session key
- AES and Twofish in cascade mode with two 256-bit random independent keys are used for files encryption
- files and folders names are also encrypted
- HMAC based on SHA-256
- PKCS 5.2 based on HMAC-SHA-512 with 2000 iterations
- powerfull random numbers generator
- supports additional "corporate" keys
- DoD-5220.22-M and Peter Gutmann's algorithms are used for data wiping (NTFS streams are also wiped)
- OPEN SOURCE
CipherWall Safe client (version 2.40) has a file size of 536.42 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 136 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.